Lekin Sabse Bada Rupaiya 🤑
A report by the UNCCD (United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification) recently highlighted the importance of an investment for our planet’s survival. This investment ranges around $ 8 trillion (₹ 12 crore crores) and will primarily revolve around the following climate adaptation measures:
- Installation of weather warning systems to reduce loss of life from extreme weather conditions.
- Infrastructure development to prevent poverty due to natural calamities.
- Boosting dry-land farming to increase productivity.
- Greater Mangrove protection, to prevent soil erosion & damage by hurricanes/floods.
- Efficient water management to ensure supply of clean potable water .
Protecting our future > Generating cash profit 💰
It has been estimated that this initiative (if implemented correctly) will help the world save $7.1 Trillion in the future, that is almost 4x the amount it will invest today.
While it is not a traditional investment, private and public investors have finally realized the importance of prioritizing the prevention of losses in the long run over generation of cash profit in the short-medium term. 💰
While there is a long way to go, the UN Climate summit this year will be pivotal for future generations.
PS – PM Modi is all set to represent India once again. 🇮🇳