Good news for the 50 Lakh Islanders 🏝️
Quality of life is an essential metric for developed economies to ensure that the people can move past their basic needs & simply be happy.
Thanks to PM Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand is now officially the world’s 1st country to prepare a ‘Well-being’ budget for its people wherein more than ₹ 5400 Crores have been allocated for the following purposes:
- To provide shelter to the homeless people and equipping them with relevant employment skills (specially for children).
- To improve healthcare facilities & infrastructures in schools and hospitals to attend to psychological issues as well.
- To control and address cases of domestic violence.
- To boost the reach and efficiency of suicide prevention services.
- To help the country move to sustainable energy sources.
While NZ’s budget has set a benchmark for economies (we may soon see UK joining the elite club), it also highlights the stark contrast b/w problems that grip developed economies in comparison with developing economies.
Think about it:
Will India ever be able to allocate funds for improving the mental-well being of our people?